Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Thanks To You, Readers"

Hey everybody. Today is a special day for me. No, not a sobriety birthday, but something my sponsor likes to call 'proud-time'. Today, I have 1,000 days clean and sober.

As a tradition on my sobriety birthday, I try to call people in the program who have helped me to stay sober. I call my sponsor, my sponsees, and then reach out to any others who've been a big help. It's important to remember that I didn't do this alone, that I did it with the help of my higher power and with the help of so many other people in Recovery.

In that vein, I want to give a shout-out to my readers. Thanks to Google's fancy-shmancy statistical features, I can look and see where readers of this blog are, and you truly are all over the world.

I've been writing 'Thoughts On The Disease' since September of 2009, and since that first post, there have been visits to the blog from 465 cities in 46 countries. Thanks so much for the support, I appreciate it, and it is my hope that you have been helped, too, by what I write. Keep comin' back!

'TOTD' readership, top countries:
United States
United Kingdom
Canada
Australia
India
Philippines
Brazil
Germany
Switzerland
Slovenia
South Africa
Russia
Macedonia
Italy
Mexico

'TOTD' readership, top US cities:
Sacramento, CA
Carmichael, CA
West Sacramento, CA
San Francisco, CA
Washington, DC
Roseville, CA
Alameda, CA
Phoenix, AZ
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Denver, CO
Elk Grove, CA
Oakland, CA
Salt Lake City, UT

2 comments: